Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sr 6'6 Romeo Smith: Highlight Real Picture

Sr 6'6 Romeo Smith: Highlight Real Picture 1 year 3 weeks ago #29728

• Bigknowledge2012
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Romeo2013.jpg

Well I have to put it out there, Romeo 6'6 is ready and the kid can do many things now. He will for sure dunk on you quick if you sleeping or not. He posterized big names over the summer although he got posterized back after he banged on Big Cliff, then Big Cliff came back and banged on him back and put him and the ball in the basket. I went to watch some ball

at the Golden Dome yesterday and saw Romeo jump from way behind the dotted line over a 6'6 Bronzeville Big Body Kid and almost stuffed his entire forearm in the basket all on top of the big fella head. The entire gym stormed the court like the game was over which wasn't. It was at least 7 minutes left to play. Immediately after the dunk the 6'6 Bronzeville kid took off his shirt threw it on the floor walked off the court quit went and sat in the stands near me and said fuc this shi! I quit and stayed in the stands until the game was over.

Romeo averaged 19 rebs, 12 pts, 6 blocks, (two 3 pointers a game) as a Junior although it was the green conference. He is a senior now, which he is working on his handles more. Now he does full windmills like water running, and has a nice drop step. His wing span is at least 7'1. Summer 2013 he put in serious work against red conference players and posterized many and shot 3's consistently as they all know who he is NOW. I'm proud of the kid's progress but he still have a lot of work to do. Keep an eye out for Romeo and Johnny Ware 5'5 point guard Marine Math & Science Academy. The photographer Marcus caught a quick picture of it on the way up but missed the peak of this dunk. To bad nobody didn't catch a video of that as I'm sure it would have been on ESPN top 10 count down and a Youtube hit.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by Bigknowledge2012.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sr 6'6 Romeo Smith: The New Groomed Highlight Real 1 year 3 weeks ago #29747

• townsend
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
Heard about this kid from a reliable source...

Gonna end his COLLEGE career, I'm told, with pro projections...

Sr 6'6 Romeo Smith: The New Groomed Highlight Real 1 year 3 weeks ago #29757

• Bigknowledge2012
  • Platinum Boarder
RomeoDunk2.jpg

RomeoDunk2.jpg
townsend wrote:

Please don't assume, no Pro Projections for him at this point not at all and far from it. In my opinion he is a SMALL SMALL mid-major D1 (Eastern Illinois, Grambling State, North Dakota, South Dakota, Chicago State, Canisus, Hawaii U, etc) at best right now. Romeo was late in learning the game as he is still catching up to this day. He's working on his handles, shot, perimeter footwork, and more jumping ability. This is a pic of him coming down from dunking on and over the 6'6 Bronzeville kid.

Sr 6'6 Romeo Smith: The New Groomed Highlight Real 1 year 3 weeks ago #29762

• townsend
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 229
townsend wrote:

That second sentence may convey that someone projected this, BK...

I Don't assume. My guy knows what he's seen.I know what you've written.

Guess I'll see for myself sometime...

Sr 6'6 Romeo Smith: The New Groomed Highlight Real 1 year 3 weeks ago #29770

• Bigknowledge2012
  • Platinum Boarder
townsend wrote:
townsend wrote:

That second sentence may convey that someone projected this, BK...

I Don't assume. My guy knows what he's seen.I know what you've written.

Guess I'll see for myself sometime...

I hear you Townsend, your a good guy and I respect your opinion and you. He's a kid under the radar that has a chance to continue his basketball career on the college level. Now as to what level he makes it is up to God. Romeo is no where near a Cliff Alexander status as he isn't even ranked due to the fact that the kid has never worked on his game or fitness until last year. He has a great work ethic too very similar to Cliff's but he is no comparison to Cliff himself as a player but he do have hops and a 3 point shot. Cliff is dam near 6'10 with a big body, quick and very strong. Romeo is 6'6 210. Cliff is well groomed/polished now and has excelled his game. I still think Cliff could use some more post move training although he has that quick spin post move down to a T. He can shoot from 10 feet decently and here and there from the 3 point line. He gets up and down the floor very well with perfection and Cliff is in a hole other ball park as far as his talent because he plays with super aggression and confidence that goes along with his exceptional talents that was recognized ages ago, which puts him 1 or 2 in the nation.

Just because a person get's dunked on it doesn't put them in the same realm or category as that person. It didn't put Alfonso Mckinney (WGBay) ahead of Shawn Marion when he dunked on him in the Whitney Young Nikey Pro Am, which it just gave him some exposure and recognition. A dunk is two points and an exciting piece to see that brings out the fans, but dunks don't win ball games or championships, chemistry mixed with talent do. In my opinion by season end or by mid March Romeo will have worked on his handles enough to where he can play the 3 spot in college, which is what his goal is presently.
The following user(s) said Thank You: townsend

Sr 6'6 Romeo Smith: The New Groomed Highlight Real 1 year 3 weeks ago #29873

• Bigknowledge2012
  • Platinum Boarder
typo
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds